Migraine headaches make thousands of people across Texas suffer in silence. Not many people understand migraine as a condition and how it impacts various aspects of life, including a patient’s social relationships, career, and overall health and wellbeing.
With this in mind, we thought of sharing a few facts and figures on migraine attacks. Hopefully, this can help spread awareness on this complex neurological condition and help suffering patients find an effective source of Cedar Park TX migraine relief.
1. Millions of Americans have migraine.
According to the latest reports, migraine episodes affect roughly 37 million Americans. But unfortunately, only about 5 percent get a proper diagnosis and patient care. Many of these people experience bursts of pain on one side of their head, sensory sensitivity, vertigo, nausea, and vomiting. Others experience worse symptoms like speech difficulty, paresthesia, and muscle weakness.
2. Migraine affects even the economy.
Migraine attacks don’t just affect citizens. Statistics and reports explain that migraines also impact the country’s economy. Here are some facts and figures.
- A healthcare insurance provider noted that chronic migraine treatment costs in the USA exceed $5 million per year. In addition, the same company claims that the country loses about $36 billion due to migraine-related productivity loss and absences.
- Migraines can cause up to 8.3 days of absences and 11.2 days’ worth of productivity loss.
- Migraine attacks primarily affect individuals at the peak stage of their lives and careers.
3. Children and teens can experience migraines too.
Unknown to many, kids and teenagers also experience intense bouts of migraine symptoms. In fact, 10 percent of young kids and 28 percent of teenagers experience migraines. Most kids and teens who have frequent migraine attacks miss out on school and develop problems related to mental health such as stress, anxiety and depression. In addition, patients who have migraine attacks early in childhood often have chronic episodes in their adult life.To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraines download our complimentary e-book by clicking the image below.
4. Some people deal with more than 15 migraine episodes a month.
Studies note that about 4 million Americans suffer from chronic and recurring migraine attacks. These patients experience at least 15 migraine episodes each month. Most migraineurs struggle to function at home, work, or school. Many of them desperately seek effective options for Cedar Park TX migraine relief.
5. Migraines have far-reaching effects on a patient’s life.
The Migraine Research Foundation noted that roughly 90 percent of people who suffer from recurring migraine attacks fail to function normally. It can impact work productivity and cognitive abilities. On top of that, frequent and intense bouts of headaches and other migraine symptoms can affect a patient’s mental health.
Many patients who seek Cedar Park TX migraine relief experience a rollercoaster of emotions when they have an episode. Some feel anxious and depressed, while others are overwhelmed with frustration and anger.
6. Several things can trigger a migraine episode.
Migraine research has identified several potential triggers of an episode. Some migraineurs share the same stimuli, while others have unique ones. That’s why it’s imperative to keep a migraine diary to track the things that may worsen your condition. Below are some of the usual migraine triggers that our patients report to us:
- Bright lights and loud sounds
- Weather changes (temperature, humidity, air pressure, etc.)
- Food triggers (aged cheese, wine, deli meats, chocolate, etc.)
- Lack of restorative sleep
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Smoking cigarettes or tobacco
- Physical overexertion
- Dehydration and hunger
- Emotional or psychological stress
- Hormonal fluctuations (exclusive in women)
- Abnormal caffeine intake
- Previous head or neck injury
7. NUCCA Chiropractic is an overlooked source of Cedar Park TX migraine relief
Migraine attacks can heavily impact your daily life if you let them. Thankfully, you can fight against this condition by seeking NUCCA chiropractic. If you’ve never tried this remedy before, here’s a quick overview of how it works:
- NUCCA Chiropractic focuses on correcting postural imbalances in the topmost neckbones–the C1 and C2 bones–using well-calculated adjustments. It also uses very minimal force to ensure the safety and comfort of the patients.
- It does precise corrections and uses state-of-the-art imaging techniques. We carefully measure discrepancies in your C1 and C2 bone alignment and compute the angle and force needed to ease your bones back in place.
- Patients like you will only receive adjustments on a per-need basis. But we encourage patients to go back regularly to determine if the neck bones still sit in the correct angle and position.
- Adjustments of the C1 and C2 bones help address imbalances in the body. So, it allows you to unlock holistic healing and prevent problems that might be the key trigger of your migraine attacks.
This approach has worked wonders for many migraineurs, especially those who previously hurt their head and neck. It also applies to various people, including kids, seniors, and expecting moms.
We strongly suggest exploring the NUCCA technique if you had previously tapped into other migraine remedies but experienced little to no improvements. After all, it has helped many patients recover and enjoy a migraine-free life with their loved ones.
Want to experience a different kind of healing? Start experiencing Cedar Park TX migraine relief with the help of one of our chiropractic doctors. Feel free to visit Symmetry Health Chiropractic Center at 201 S. Lakeline Blvd. Ste. 101 Cedar Park, Texas. Before the consultation, you may also leave a message with your questions.
To schedule a complimentary consultation call our Cedar Park, TX office at 512-572-3976. You can also click the button below. If you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.