It may be hard to tell if someone is having a migraine or another kind of a headache. Therefore, we are going to take a look at some of the common symptoms of migraines and where to find a natural, long-lasting solution for migraines and other headache types.
Is It a Migraine?
Here are some things to watch out for if a person suspects he is having a migraine:
- Aura: While this does not occur in all people with migraines, for those who have it, it is often a visual disturbance of some sort – flashing light, seeing spots, or blind spots – occurring 5 to 20 minutes before the onset of head pain
- Affects one side of the head (sometimes): Migraines often occur with single-sided pain. If one has a feeling of a vice-like grip on both sides of the head, he may have a tension headache.
- Throbbing or pounding pain: Usually the pain is moderate to severe and can cause one to have to lie down until it passes, interfering with daily routines.
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Sensitivity to light, sound, and odors
When one goes to his primary care physician for help with migraines he will more-than-likely be told to do the following:
- Take an over-the-counter or prescription pain medication
- Use a journal to track and then avoid possible triggers
- Eat on a regular basis so as not to let blood sugar get low
- Get sufficient rest
- Reduce stress
While these are all great ideas to have fewer migraines and cope with them when one hits, wouldn’t it be better to find out what is causing them and correct this problem?
To learn more about the connection between head and neck injuries and migraines download our complimentary e-book by clicking the image below.
Caring for Migraines the Natural Way in Cedar Park, Texas
It has been observed that a misalignment in the bones of the upper neck – the C1 or C2 vertebra – can be the cause of migraines and other types of headaches. If these bones are out of place by just a ¼ of a millimeter, they can stress the brainstem and lead to migraine headaches.
Here at Symmetry Health Chiropractic Center, we have been trained to find these tiny misalignments and correct them by using a gentle method. This leads many to see fewer and less intense migraines, while others see them go away completely after only a few visits.
To schedule a complimentary consultation call our Cedar Park, TX office at 512-572-3976 You can also click the button below.
If you are outside of the local area you can find an Upper Cervical Doctor near you at www.uppercervicalawareness.com.